According to Search Engine Land Many consider search engine optimization as a sort of black box. But once the essential features of a search engine optimal website are laid out in a concise list, SEO is not nearly as mystifying.
The Big secret is, "There is No Secret"
Every web site owner wants more traffic and higher rankings in the search engines. In the midst of an SEO campaign, however, it’s easy to lose sight of the forest for the trees. So before you change a single title, you might want to shift your focus to answer some important questions.
So what do I mean by losing sight of the forest for the trees anyway? You’ve probably heard that expression since you were a teenager at least. You may even know that it means focusing on the details to the point that you lose sight of the big picture – and with the amount of detail work that goes into a proper SEO project, that’s easy to do.
The mission of search engines is to supply their visitors with relevant results, so penalizing or banning sites that appear to interfere with that mission is a necessity. Understanding which blunders adversely impact your search engine rankings is a prerequisite to a well-optimized site.
3. Is your site done entirely in Flash or overly graphical with very little textual content? Text is always better than graphics or Flash animations for search engine rankings. Page titles and section headings should be text, not graphics. The main textual content of the page should ideally not be embedded within Flash. If it is, then have an alternative text version within div tags and use SWFObject to determine whether that text is displayed based on whether the visitor has the Flash plugin installed.
4. Is your home page a “splash page” or otherwise content-less? With most webites, as mentioned above, the home page is weighted by the search engines as the most important page on the site (i.e., given the highest PageRank score.) Thus, having no keyword-rich content on your home page is a missed opportunity.
5. Does your site employ frames? Search engines have problems crawling sites that use frames (i.e., where part of the page moves when you scroll but other parts stay stationary.) Google advises not using frames: “Frames tend to cause problems with search engines, bookmarks, emailing links and so on, because frames don’t fit the conceptual model of the Web (every page corresponds to a single URL.) “Furthermore, if a frame does get indexed, searchers clicking through to it from search results will often find an “orphaned page”: a frame without the content it framed, or content without the associated navigation links in the frame it was intended to display with. Often, they will simply find an error page.What about “iFrames”, you ask? iFrames are better than frames for a variety of reasons, but the content within an iframe on a page still won’t be indexed as part of that page’s content.
6. Do the URLs of your pages Include “cgi-bin” or numerous ampersands? As discussed, search engines are leery of dynamically generated pages. That’s because they can lead the search spider into an infinite loop called a “spider trap.” Certain characters (question marks, ampersands, equal signs) and “cgi-bin” in the URL are sure-fire tip-offs to the search engines that the page is dynamic and thus to proceed with caution. If the URLs have long, overly complex “query strings” (the part of the URL after the question mark), with a number of ampersands and equals signs (which signify that there are multiple variables in the query string), then your page is less likely to get included in the search engine’s index.
7. Do the URLs of your pages include session IDs or user IDs? If your answer to this question is yes, then consider this: search engine spiders like Googlebot don’t support cookies, and thus the spider will be assigned a new session ID or user ID on each page on your site that it visits. This is the proverbial “spider trap” waiting to happen. Search engine spiders may just skip over these pages. If such pages do get indexed, there will be multiple copies of the same pages each taking a share of the PageRank score, resulting in PageRank dilution and lowered rankings.If you’re not quite clear on why your PageRank scores will be diluted, think of it this way: Googlebot will find minimal links pointing to the exact version of a page with a particular session ID in its URL.
8. Do you unnecessarily spread your site across multiple domains? This is typically done for load balancing purposes. For example, the links on the JCPenney.com home page point off to www2.jcpenney.com, or www3.jcpenney.com, or www4.jcpenney.com and so on, depending on which server is the least busy. This dilutes PageRank in a way similar to how session IDs in the URL dilute PageRank.
9. Are your title tags the same on all pages? Far too many websites use a single title tag for the entire site. If your site falls into that group, you’re missing out on a lot of search engine traffic. Each page of your site should “sing” for one or several unique keyword themes. That “singing” is stifled when the page’s title tag doesn’t incorporate the particular keyword being targeted.
I expect many of you will look at these questions and think that they should be asked well before a site goes live, very early in the design process. That’s probably true. But it’s also true that web sites evolve over time, rather like people. They change, grow, and adapt to conditions in the marketplace. By the time a web site has been up for a couple of years (or even less), it might be a very different creature from what the site owner originally had in mind.
This kind of change is not a bad thing, per se. We all get a certain amount of satisfaction out of growing and tweaking our sites, and then watching what happens. If we’re not looking clearly at what the site is turning into, however, we can’t see what it needs.
Search engine optimization could be a tiring task but with time it sure helps you get better traffic.
Today Google Real-Time Search Changes Everything. Not being where your customer is looking could be costing you their business! Search engines are tightening up the loopholes to manipulate positioning.
So called “doorway” pages, tricks with meta tag/keyword files, etc. no longer are effective. Keyword positioning, along with indexing, is the way to be seen on today’s Internet.
•The vast majority of clicks occur within the top 5 positions on a search page.
• As a rule, the more competitive the business category, the harder it is to attain decent placement. Conversely, the more competitive the business category, the more important placement is to success of the business.
Entrepreneurs and small businesses constantly find themselves looking around asking themselves why they can’t quite seem to find a good fit for what they need from service providers.
People do business with who they like, who they trust and who truly care about their business. In fact, a recent study by US News & World Report revealed that when clients leave their current provider it’s not because of a pricing or product problem, but a “people” problem. People that no longer value their business, or seem indifferent to it. A whopping 68% of them.
• A fractional 14% defected because of a pricing issue followed by 9% who were successfully wooed by a competitor.
• With Google Real-Time Search the playing field has been leveled.
• No longer can you or your competition sit back and think they own their TOP organic Google positions!
To Improve Web Site Search Engine Rankings, it’s SEO Specialist Online for all your search engine optimization needs Why not let us do a Free Website Evaluation for Your Business TODAY!
Guaranteed SEO Services and solutions to improve the ranking of your website
When a prospective client approaches us for our SEO services it is quite obvious that they want to improve their website ranking so that they can outdo the competition. While we specialize in all kinds, there are a few guaranteed SEO services that will definitely give you the kind of results that you are hoping for.
Keywords and site content
Competitive keywords and interesting content are a must for any site to succeed. In fact both keywords and site content go hand in hand. Our team of professionals will analyze your market and come up with a list of keywords that are competitive. They will then utilize them in the appropriate density to create content that is unique. Once this unique content is uploaded onto your website, you will find that its ranking has improved automatically as search engines favor new content.
Social networking, article marketing and URL submissions
Social networking sites are one of the best ways to optimize your site. In addition to this we also recommend article marketing and URL Submission. To begin with our team will make sure that your website is listed with all the major search engines. Once this is done, we start submitting articles with new content to article directories. These articles will contain back links that lead to your site. In addition to this we will also submit your articles to social networking sites as they can play a significant role in traffic increase as well.
Building a phenomenal web site is only half of the picture. You have to use your marketing abilities to bring traffic to that web site and this is where search engine optimization services come into play.
SEO Services Incorporate:
* Detailed Keyword research
* Creation of relevant Meta tags & other html tags
* SEO content copy writing with optimizing of site text and creating additional text as needed
* Creation of Sub Domain
* Site navigation & control flow optimization
* Developing theme based site architecture
* Link Building services
* Dynamic Search Engine optimization
* Detailed Competition Analysis and report
* Search engine submissions directories.
* Ongoing optimization
What are Search Engine Optimization Services?
Search engine promotion services are designed to promote improved rankings for web sites. Basically, the term refers to a wide-range of activities which are combined for the sole purpose of securing top spots at major search engines, such as Google, Yahoo and Bing and boosting the size of your web site's traffic.
These services typically include researching keywords extensively so that the best are chosen for your site. The development of SEO content, including tags, and link building are also important aspects of search engine promotion services.
Why Use Search Engine Optimization Services?
Using Search engine optimization services is important for one because of all the new technologies being incorporated by leading search engines. For example, Google is now using a process called Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) to help calculate the page rankings. This technique involves the use of language and the relationships between words. The purpose is to weed out sites that are merely fluff content wrapped around keywords. SEO Specialist Online has now begun incorporating this same technology into their search engine promotion services to ensure continued high rankings for our clients.
LSI is only one example. The search engines are constantly changing their ranking methods in order to create the best possible experience for users so using professional search engine promotion services is the only one way to keep up with those changes without losing your ranking.
Choosing Search Engine Optimization Services
If you decide to use search engine promotion services, be sure to find out what is included in these services. SEO Specialist Online can help you through every step of the process: researching keywords, writing the content, even updating the optimization periodically. This is the type of service you want so that you can sit back and put your web site's future on the search engines in the hands of trusted, experienced professionals who will generate the results you want.
I do want top rankings
I do NOT want top rankings.
Which one of those statements is true for you?
I am willing to invest time or money to get top rankings.
I am NOT willing to invest time or money to get top rankings.
Which one of those statements is true for you?
Not many things in life are black and white...but getting top rankings for your website is.
You either have them or you don't AND you are either willing to do something to get them, or you're not.
I think a lot of people fool themselves into thinking they will do what it takes and then when the times comes to invest the time or put up money, they don't follow through.
I don't mean to be too blunt, and I definitely don't mean to be offensive but I do want to be honest and hopefully get you thinking.
It's worth repeating.
You either have top rankings or you don't.
You are either willing to do something to get top rankings, or you aren't.
What is true for you and what does that truth mean to you, your business and your goals?
It has been said that inaction is action, in and of itself. So, the question is - you are already taking action in some form, so are you taking the right action?
SEO may not be for you. You may not want a lot of new traffic and leads and sales. If that's the case, that's OK.
But if you want or need traffic, leads and sales - then you need top rankings.
Not sure where that come from, but I guess that was my little rant for the day! Stay tuned for more SEO tips.
Senior SEO Strategist
Virtual Private Servers for You. A low cost solution that provides a high performance hosting experience, without the price of a full server.
Let SEO Specialist Online do the Work for You
* The more servers you purchase, the more you save.
* All SEO Specialist Online hosting come pre-optimized/pre-secured by default. No worries about having to secure your VPS for you or your clients. We take care of that before you even receive your welcome email with login information.
* We are the type of Partner that sees the value of focusing day to day on helping our clients grow and evolve. We credit our success to our personal touch with our clients and can safely say when hosting with SEO Specialist Online, you're in good hands 24/7. As a VPS leader with unmatched experience we welcome you to the SEO Specialist Online family.
Need more assistance?
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our support department.
Monthly charge $15.95
Save 5% pay for your hosting for 3 months
Save 10% pay for your hosting for 6 months
Save 15% pay for your hosting for 12 months
Jim Gras from SEO-Specialist-Online.com announced the opening of the SEO SPECIALIST ONLINE FORUM today to the public.
A place for an open and frank discussion on "Cracking The Google Code, One Website At A Time", say's Gras, Senior SEO Strategist for SEO-Specialist-Online.com
SEO Specialists Online provides a high-level of and focused menu of Internet Marketing and related services to enable businesses, individuals, and entrepreneurs to promote their business successfully online.
Additionally, it provides the platform for building associate relationships that will serve to expand the business beyond that of the time and abilities of its principles.
Using our expertise and experience, clients will benefit from the services by getting more visibility to their websites, learn the tools and techniques to get that visibility and provide support services to the customers of customers.
Together with Lou Veltri who brings over 35 years as an experienced Information Technology (IT) entrepreneur and business consultant and Michael Augustine specialization in Information technology with over 15 years experience in both the public and private business sectors, SEO Specialists Online can help develop your business plan and help you build your blueprint for driving your Brand's presence on the Internet.
Steven Turner a SEO Specialist with MBA Post Graduate in Marketing w/Entrepreneurial Studies, Doctoral Candidate (PhD)-AMDS (Applied Management Decision Science) Access Sequential processing Methods which are used in the query process with in SEO-strategies. and John Lombaerde a 20 year veteran of the manufacturing and CAD/CAM industries, a technical writer and a SEO Keyword Analyst round out the team.
With several years of existence, long for most internet-based companies, SEO Specialists Online following, contacts and prospects are plentiful in our maturing pipeline. And, of course, there ability to mentor, train and lead is much more advanced than most of there competitors at any level. And last, but not least, each of their reputations are highly regarded both in Veretekk and on the internet, in general.
Register Today for the SEO SPECIALIST ONLINE FORUM so you too can Learn to "Crack The Google Code One Website at a Time"